Writer. Musician. Weird.
1. A family of foxes covered themselves in white paint; they hide against your bedroom walls until the daylight fades and plant blackberry seeds beneath your pillow while you sleep.
2. The rat king has fourteen mouths. He sets off bottle rockets all night until your neighbors call the cops.
3. In a dream, you gave me an orange under the condition that I only eat the peel. You walked away, I didn’t eat anything.
4. It’s so strange how every thing reminds me of what we’ll never be. If it hurts, just say the word and to the roots I’ll return. I’ll misread the signs and pull away; there are some things I could never say.
5. Somebody rakes all the pine needles out from beneath the trees. I’d like to know them, I’d like to know where they go.
There’s a ghost that haunts the forest, he never sleeps but eats lies through his crustacean eyes. He lives in an orphaned church with a vine steeple and leads a procession of patchwork people. A wolf sleeps in the basement of the church, he howls through the confession booths. A priest is overdosed in the pews. A girl sleeps with her hair over her face. Her stockings are ripped at her toes. She dreams of French singers whose names she cannot pronounce. She calls them all Oiseau. The pianos all moved out to Budapest, she wants to kiss a girl from Iceland. I just want to sleep in the forest, feeding myself to the ghost.
My fingers were made for rattraps, extension chords are just belts that need plugged in and the ninja turtle neighbors won’t offer you blow. But you’ll wake up to the stuttering grandfather clock sidewalk soldier soon; So Fox Party, you’re Megaman X dashing through parking lot lanterns, you’re a wild beast made of broken circus tents, you’re a dizzy gospel singer hurling eggs at racist paintings, you’re a battle tank of fire hiding between the pages of a magazine, a VHS tape in a jean jacket, a synth line so fat that it makes my teeth buzz. So Fox Party, kiss with too much tongue. So Fox Party, be the joke that falls flat. So Fox Party, sleep outdoors in the rain. So fox Party, So Fox Party.